Friday, April 9, 2010

Back in the groove. I'm not sure what happened to get me off track, but I was stumbling around all last week, I had trouble getting myself motivated, I think it was the weather.  In anticipation of an upcoming road race I had increased by running distances and was hungry all the time, but I couldn't think of anything to cook.  The good news, at least for the two of us in this house, is that I've recovered.  We are eating well once again.  I hope you like some of my upcoming meal ideas.  As usual, I'm after easy, delicious, low-fat meals.

Garlic Baked Halibut on fresh Spinach with steamed red potatoes, and a saute of match stick peppers and zucchini was quick and tasty. 

Garlic Baked Halibut

Halibut (or other white fish) filet
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
salt and freshly ground pepper
a pinch of red pepper flakes
Lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 Lemon

Brush the fish with olive oil, then sprinkle with seasoning ingredients.  Squeeze lemon juice over top and bake at 425 degrees for about 8 - 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. (10 min. per inch thick).

Meanwhile - scrub and steam quartered red potatoes.

For the  vegetables-
1 garlic clove, slivered
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 zucchini
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp olive oil ( I used lemon infused olive oil from California)

Cut each vegetable uniform in match stick sized pieces about 2" long.
Saute briefly in olive oil, over medium heat.  Season and serve.

Serve fish on a bed of fresh baby spinach leaves.  A simple, and simply delicious meal.  Uncomplicated, fresh and colorful.  A recipe for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment