Sunday, October 25, 2020

 The Gardener and the Cook: Ten years later.  It's hard to believe that so many seasons, so many meals, so many adventures have passed since I last posted.  Although much has occurred in the intervening years, it is comforting to know that the essential ebb and flow of life remains a constant.  The gardener is still gardening, and the cook is still cooking - every day.

Since my last post we have moved to a new home and created a garden from scratch. 

Marathons have been run, an aging parent has been cared for and ushered into the beyond. Children have become middle aged, grandchildren have morphed into accomplished adults, and a new one has come our way.  Although I have not added to this blog in years, from time to time I have searched previous posts for recipes, or to answer the gardener's questions about what may have been happening in the garden at a particular time.  It has still been a part of my life.


2020 has been a year of unanticipated challenges and disappointments for all of us.  It has finally brought me back to this blog.  I've become more of a homebody, having given up many of the activities that filled my days before Covid. I realized that this could be a very long, lonely, dark and dreary winter unless I made an effort to pursue things that I enjoy.  Wandering in the garden, creating interesting food, and sharing ideas all bring me pleasure.  I'm hoping that my blogging, like untilled garden soil, will have benefited from lying fallow.   I've been thinking about this for quite a while, but it took a rainy day at the coast to actually put pen to paper, but here we go.  Welcome to The Gardener and the Cook + Ten.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you’re back! Can’t believe you have middle-aged children!
    Ready for autumnal recipes!

    ReplyDelete